RE: SliMP3 or Audiotron owners wanting display capability

Hi Kevin,

Quoting Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxx>:
>             I think trying to get xAP support into the AT would be a
> great option too although very much at the mercy of Turtle Beach - I
> might get in touch and see if there's any mileage here, As you say it is

>From what I've seen of them on their support list, they seem to be willing to
listen to the users - though they won't of course implement something just for
one person!

Your main problem I suspect is "selling" xAP to TB.
There seem to be two routes to this:
1/ Talk to them direct
2/ Discuss it on their support list.  If there are enough "me too" voices
asking for it, then TB will probably do it.  Of course, that means trying to
explain xAP to a load of damn yanks on the list :-/

> just want to announce state and xAP is almost tailor made for that. To
> just announce 'something's changed' would be trivial.  For a full blown
> 'control' interface it's a little more involved for them but still in
> the 'very do-able' class I think.

I think the best you could hope for is them pushing a message out the right TCP
port to tell you something has changed - there is already control over the AT
via the HTTP interface, so they are unlikely to implement _another_ control
mechanism....
Getting the status back should be enough for someone to be able to write a PC
side app that controls the AT and receives xAP response messages from it.  Said
app could, of course also generate an xAP version of the command it sent for
any interested xAP devices out there.....

just my 0.002p worth,

Tony