Re: Alarm systems

Hi

I've already replied to this post before but came across this one as
well.   If you have already installed a wireless alarm and it works
and you're happy with it then thats great.   If, however, you are
moving into a new house (self build?) please take the time and run
cables.   A wired alarm is much more professional and can be
expanding in so many ways that a wirelss alarm can't.

One catch with wireless alarms is the settle time.   Because they run
on 9v batteries the manufacturers build in a 3 minute period where
the PIR will not activate after an activation.   This is designed to
save the battery.   As long as it goes off the first time thats what
counts??   Maybe, but in my point of view thats not good enough.   I
would prefer a good quality alarms that will function all the time
protecting my expensive TV, surround sound etc etc

A wirelss alarm may cost 150 quid but how much money is in your front
room?   isn't it worth spending a little bit more and getting a dcent
system?

Some food for thought here hopefully.

Let me know what you think, but be gentle!!

Cheers

Ronnie

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Martin Howell <grizelli@n...> wrote:
> I put a cheap wireless alarm in my house around 6 years ago, and
its
> been great.  You just stick the PIRs on the wall with double sided
tape,
> set the DIP switches and Robert's your mother's brother.  Its a
Response

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/