Re: Alarm systems

Hi

Being an installer of security systems (specifically alarms) I would
not reccommend using wireless equipment.   That doesn't mean to say
it's crap, but I personally wouldn't use it unless you really have to.

Probably not doing myself any favours by saying this, but any
reasonably competent person can install a good quality alarm.   You
can buy any equipment you need from a security supplier and it will
all come with extremely good instruction manuals.

If anyone wants any adivse drop me a line.

Cheers

Ronnie

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Martin Greenwood <martin@p...> wrote:
> At 15:08 10/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >I had the same response system when I was living in a 'normal' 20
> >year old house and it was absolutely fine for 3 years. We then
moved
> >to a 450 year old house with 2 foot thick stone walls and the
system
> >triggered so many times (despite appearing fine in intial setup)
that
> >I eventually turned it off and used it only as a 'visual deterent'
> >for a year.
> >
> >Now I have miles of CAT5 and a comfort system and everything is
great!

> I guess this makes sense, we have 13" brick walls so maybe ok,
maybe not...

> It is just that the Powermax type system looks good...no wiring!
>
> Any more feedback from wireless alarm users?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor