RE: Re: [OTish] NTL Broadband - Help needed please.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Re: [OTish] NTL Broadband - Help needed please.
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:02:35 +0000

Chaps,

Been quite a while since I did my NTL setup (had no need to revisit it,
since it has worked flawlessly since...)

I do have a vague memory that only ONE MAC address can be registered at any
one time, and only ONE IP address can be allocated per account... - I
certainly believe that is the case with my account....

Obviously the setup procedure can be re-run to register a different MAC
address (which I did when I got my router), but IIRC, the newly registered
MAC then REPLACES the previous one...

Can you check whether this is the case with NTL customer services? -
obviously the accound details could well be differenct in your case, so
perhaps you are allowed to have multiple IP's allocated? If not, then this
could be your problem...

Paul G.

>From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: [OTish] NTL Broadband - Help needed please.
>Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:17:27 -0000
>
>Hi Patrick,
>
>We did have to go through a registration screen to get each PC registered
>and they were allocated different IP addresses to each other but each
>machine receives the same IP address everytime it successfully connects.
>
>Keith
>
>www.diyha.co.uk
>www.kat5.tv

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor