Re: Appliance Switch for controlling the Heating ??

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Appliance Switch for controlling the Heating ??
  • From: Stephen <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:25:55 +0000

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:13:27 -0000, you wrote:

>One of the main issues is that if you have a system that has a pump/boi= ler
>over-run, then this will not function correctly and may damage the boil= er (I
>am no expert here you should know).
>
>I have installed Honeywell Smartfit now and aim to integrate it with Co= mfort
>next year.
>
>Regards
>
>Clive

Sorry to post my opinion so late, there's so much to read here, it
takes a while!

I have a similar set-up with the electricity to the boiler going via a
fused switch on the wall. There was (is) no time control on the
boiler: only another on/off switch.The problem was I either came home
to a cold house or paid to heat an empty house whilst I was out during
the day; neither was a good solution. The time switch for my boiler
was about =A340, so the same cost as an appliance wall switch, so I
decided to try that instead.

When I switch the boiler off on the boiler it switches off straight
away; the pump doesn't continue like Clive suggested it might, so
perhaps I am lucky with my boiler. Then again, this is only a recent
scheme, so perhaps it hasn't had time to develop problems! So far so
good!

Hope that helps.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""