RE: C_Bus

Hi Frank

To just to re-iterate what Kevin has said....you will love it!
(I'm the one guilty of starting Kevin on the road to c-bus ruin :-))
and he's right, once you got some you want more!

As Kevin has said if you want a greater degree of logic control then go
for a C-Touch unit (C-bus Touch Screen.) they are VERY simple to
program, which is true of the programming of the entire range. I also
have no experience of the Minder range and to date Clipsal Integrated
Systems have not really marketed this product in the UK, it is available
as a special order but there are currently no UK stocks and support for
the product is VERY limited.

Another option is to use Comfort, there is a specific UCM that links
Comfort to C-bus, allowing c-bus events to control Comfort and visa
versa. One nice feature now available is that with the latest firmware
releases your C-touch screens can fully emulate all the features of the
Comfort Keypad. So you can do away with those ugly looking beasts in
your Comfort set up. (Note that the c-touch has no speaker, but it does
have IR functionality.) I have now have my C-bus system linked to
Comfort and it does work quite well, I just do not like Comforts
Comfigurator software. So far I have achieved some basic functionality,
such as:

1) All lights off (Or partial if you prefer.) on arming for away mode.
Ground lights of on night arming.
2) X-10 control via C-bus (using Comfort as the x-10 controller.)
3) X-10 or Comfort events based on C-bus events or status.
4) Flashing C-bus lighting on smoke alarm.

Cheers

Rob Mouser

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor