Re: TiVo

Nick Austin wrote:

> I don't have an ls command on my Tivo either.
>
> I've been doing "echo *" instead!
>
> Where do I get the ls binary from and do I just put it in the /bin
> directory?

If you dive over to http://pvrhack.sonnik.com/tivo/download.asp I'd
recommend downloading Tivo_Devbin. It has all the essential things like
ls head tail and bucketloads of others.

I installed them into /var/hack/bin , chomod+x 'd them and changed my
path so that /var/hack/bin was added.

Changing the path you use joe or another text ed to setup the /.profile
file with
PATH=$PATH:/var/hack:/var/hack/bin
in it.

Full detailed instructions for these are available at www.tivohelp.com