RE: XBox - dumb question...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: XBox - dumb question...
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:08:37 -0000

> If you have it hacked with the mod chip then it's a multi region
> DVD player (dunno about macrovision or RCE though?).

I have no RCE discs that I know of, so no idea. Is there a list of RCE discs
anywhere? Macrovision is disabled tho.

> The control is clunky though using the game controller as the DVD
> transport controls.  Also - the IR receiver comes with the remote
> so you'd need that.  No doubt there's a circuit somewhere on the
> Net to build the receiver, or maybe you can just buy it on it's own?

I havn't come across a circuit, but I plan to crack open one of mine and see
whats involved. You can't just buy the dongle on its own either :(

> Des is the expert here :)

Well, one of them! :)

Cheers, Des.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor