-----Original Message-----
From: Doogie Brodie [mailto:ukhad@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 January 2003 01:24
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: TiVo

Brian G. Reynolds wrote:

> I can telnet into the TiVo but only once did I manage to ftp into the
> TiVo from IE but not anymore.

hmmmm.... might be worth rebooting the tivo, or manually running

/tivo-bin/tivoftpd

>from
>
> tail /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit is not found,
> if I enter "cat /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit" oh boy does a lot happen but
> nowhere does it tell me an IP/subnetmask....

I take it you can see a line which looks like this

tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &

? There should be an ifconfig command on 2 lines after it

> What if I start again by removing the HDD from the TiVo and re
> configuring it in a PC?

You could do that, but since you can telnet no prob, and haven't deleted
any files/ changed anything you shouldn't, it shouldn't be necessary to
go to that trouble. If you've not tried it already, a reboot might fix
the ftp... it's possible that you've had quite a few failed attempts
which has got tivo's ftp service in a bit of a muddle.

Apologies if I don't reply after this, I might end up going to bed
(almost sleeping at the keyboard :)... hopefully we can sort this out
for you tonight or tomorrow :)

--
Doogie