RE: Cabling Piccies

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cabling Piccies
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:25:24 -0000

In my flat beams are vertical. I asked electrician to do all that (twice)
and learned many tricks from him.
I have 16 Cat6  ports fited at socket level, and cables going in combination
below and above the floorboards (used to be carpet, I put laminates).
The other run was done near ceiling level (speaker cable, mic cable, CAT5).
Basically, he tried to avoid those beams (noggings) as much as possible, so
he tried to run cables near the ceiling or floor (because usually they don't
go all the way (don't touch the ceiling or floor). Also he used all sorts or
wires and electrician's rod for pulling the cables.
That's the one that consists of few parts so you connect them to the desired
length. He used coving where possible (only in living room I have coving)
As a latest resort he would cut plaster over beam, but didn't have to do so
far.
Also, you can use gap between floorboards and wall (behind skirting).
Cheers,
Nik