RE: Re: Media Servers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Media Servers
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:22:10 -0000

Hi Andy,

Not at the moment. Its in a functional but not finished state. It was also
designed specifically for my rather strange needs :-)

Being an ex DJ my music collection is 99.99% based around singles and
complilation albums. Everything else out there was designed for "an album by
an artist" where all tracks are by the same artist. That does not fit my
collection at all.

I also wanted to be able to find and play any song within seconds so the
database has tightly controlled data which must be input manually although
once an artist has been entered once they can be reselected by typing 2 or 3
characters and clicking on the name displayed.

The MP3 files are also "non conventional" in that the filename is something
like 10602.mp3 and all the details are stored in the database not MP3 tags.

When it is eventually finished I will put a demo on a website and possible
make it available for download if I can find some way of assisting the input
process by reading info from the tags.

Everyone who has seen it is impressed by the features, just put off by the
thought of entering the data :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv