RE: TiVo

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: TiVo
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:09:41 -0000

A few questions - can you Telnet to the Tivo OK ?

Hi Brain,

Is the ftpserver running on the Tivo ? Patrick has posted on this.

You should be able to just type ftp://192.168.1.100
<ftp://192.168.1.100/>  in a web browser window and the directory
contents of the Tivo will be displayed. From here you can just drag the
file from a Window on your PC to a window on your Tivo.

You may have to change the permissions of files dragged from PC to the
Tivo this way in order to run the file. They tend to get created without
execute permissions. From yourTelnet session do you have the ls command
available ? I ask because contrary to Tony's guide I found that the
Turbonet CD did not install ls for me. I had to install it manually
myself.

I assume you do have a Turbonet installed in the Tivo ??

            There is a specific UKHA_Tivo group on Yahoo - if you want
me to work this through with you I think that would be the best place
for a longer thread. I have just done this exercise myself yesterday.

            Kevin