Re: ADSL recommendations - the summary

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Chris Bond" <chris@l...> wrote:
> >  No mention of it being anything other than inclusive here:
> > http://aa.nu/home500light.html
> > and I've never been charged either
>
> Thats your only problem with A&A with the light product, although
at the
> moment they are not hammering down on the usage now, they could do
at any
> point.  Whereas, eclipse you're paying for unlimited usuage.

Any ISP has carte-blanche to change the rules of engagement at a
moments notice. At least A&A are up-front and reasonable about it,
and provide the option of terminating the contract with no-notice -
so the risk is minimal. Sustained transfer of >20MB hour, day in, day
out, is actually quite hard to achieve in a domestic environment,
even if you work from home and download ISO images on a regular basis
like I do. I don't come anywhere close to the limit (they have a
natty self-admin portal so you can check if you are so inclined).

Anyway, this is getting a bit OT for UKHA, can we resume normal
programming?

Patrick