RE: PING: People from GPS bulk buy

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: PING: People from GPS bulk buy
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:32:32 -0000

Hi

I had two of the GPS units and they work well. It lives in the car and
is great. I just use autoroute 2002 no voice but I just follow the green
line with the laptop on the passenger seat.

Yesterday I set off to the same location as a colleague (different
routes) about 15 minutes behind them and used the GPS, I arrived there a
good 5 minutes in front. (not all down to the GPS though, colleague in
van, me in Scooby!)

There was a link posted with circuit details can not remember off hand
but should be in the archives. It is basically a MAX232 IC which will
work but there is another IC to derive timing pulses if you want to use
that facility. The backup battery is also a must; it improves the start
up time vastly.

Ian D