RE: Re: Media Servers

>There is no PSU fan... The PSU is in two parts, with a laptop-size
>power brick and a small internal voltage conversion board. The box I
>used is supplied with a couple of small air circulation fans, but I
>don't use them - the box runs cool without them.

Excellent, so a quiet PC is a reality

>I didn't want a hard disk in mine, because of noise and reliability
>issues, so I started off using a CF flash to boot the box. The CF
>flash died in mysterious circumstances a couple of days ago (probably
>defective), so I've now configured the box to network boot from the
>server. I wish I'd done this earlier -- it's much more convenient,
>saves on the cost of CF, and wasn't at all difficult to set up. I'll
>do a write up on the whole process when I get some time.

Yes Please!! - a write up of how you did this would be very interesting, I
take it that without any internal storage all software is held in memory?

- going back a few years, I used to work for a company that used RPL
computers, is this the same sort of process?

Out of interest how much memory have you installed on yours.

Daniel