RE: LD11 dimming...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: LD11 dimming...
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:11:42 -0000

> It's annoying e.g. during the night when you brighten the light, you
> realize
> that you're gone a bit too far, and then you cannot dimm it without
going
> the max. first.

But it has "memory dim" one press of the switch returns it to the
previous stat (LD11) whereas the LW11 does not have that feature

Not true. My LW11 also has memory dim. E.g. I rarely use them on 100%,
lights are usually stopped at 80%.
One touch and they go to 0. Again, short touch and they go back on 80%.
In fact, most of the time I use them with those short touches to turn off or
to 80%. They go gradually up and down, so it looks like I'm dimming the
lights, but effectively, I'm using them as a plain switch (where 80%
happened to be the most desired level of light in the living room, 100% is
too bright).
Maybe you have some other version of LW11.
Mine is LW11G and I bought it from Laser.
I bought one from LA recently, but had to return it because it was different
in shape. I haven't tested the functionality, but it might be that it was
behaving different as well.
Cheers,
Nik