RE: LD11 dimming...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: LD11 dimming...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:35:31 -0000

> I have both LW11s and LD11s and they work differently.

Yes they do, that is correct.

> With LW11 (wall switch/dimmer), while I keep switch pressed, it
brightens
> until I release it. Then, if I press it again it will start dimming
from
> the
> current level.

Yup, correct!

> Widh LD11 (DIN module), while I keep switch pressed, it brightens
until I
> release it. But now, if I press it again it will not dimm (like LW11),
but
> brighten again until it reaches the maximum, and only then it will
start
> dimming.

Yup, correct.

> It's the same with dimming. If I stop now on e.g.30% and press the
switch
> again, it will not start brightening, but will continue to dim to 0%,
and
> only then change direction and start brightening.
> Is it supposed to work like that?

Yes!

> It's annoying e.g. during the night when you brighten the light, you
> realize
> that you're gone a bit too far, and then you cannot dimm it without
going
> the max. first.

But it has "memory dim" one press of the switch returns it to the
previous stat (LD11) whereas the LW11 does not have that feature.

> I'm not using momentary switch, but sensor switch, so that's why I'm
not
> sure if everything is working as it should.

No idea, never used one but from what I've read it just acts as a
momentary.

HTH

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor