Plasma Lipsynch delay

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Plasma Lipsynch delay
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:04:49 -0000

            Now that I know it's there I have been finding the lipsynch
delay on my Panny Plasma really irritating. What is really strange is
that it is very noticeable but quite difficult to determine which is
delayed, the sound or the picture. I know it's the picture due to the
video processing involved but it's obviously quite hard to correct
accurately by sight/ear. So is there a published figure for say the
Panny that tells me what this delay is and that I could therefore use in
an AV amp to correct ?

            Is there any other way of doing this ? I ask because I am
using digital audio out from a stb and I suspect that this may have a
different delay introduced by Freeview/STB that might need a different
figure. I guess I could go to two noticeable extremes and then setting a
mid position might be the best.

            I assume having set up the correct delays on the surround
speakers that what I would have to do is add this delay to all the
speakers so that they all shifted a little.

            Kevin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway