RE: My Plamsa decision hell!

No idea on the tuner - never needed one - I did hear that the old one
was crap though. I connect my DVD player via component YUV only needs
three connectors rather than four as per RGB), and everything else via
Svideo.

On connectivity. The two connectors which cannot be used at the same
time are composite and Svideo. This is because they share the same input path and someone at Panasonic decided not to put a facility to switch
between the two! RGB typically used in this country uses composite for
sync. To connect up Svideo plus an RGB source you need one of the
following (In my order of preference):

1. Equipment that can be set to output component (like my Arcam DV-88)
2. By an RGB to component converter from John Sim
3. Buy an RGB to VGA converter (sync splitter) and make up a custom lead to use the RGBHV inputs on the back
4. Use same converter through the VGA port (which comes last because it
looses some of the zoom modes)

Tim.

RCA

http://groups.ya= hoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/