RE: Tivo as a CCTV recorder

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Tivo as a CCTV recorder
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 22:41:14 -0000

You can get rid of the nag screens by hacking as per the following link (on= e of the UKHA_D members???):

http://www.pictech.co.uk/

I did it and it's relatively easy to follow and works well.

Rolling (manual) record is a bit disappointing though - it would be fantast= ic if I could trigger (start/stop) recording as and when. I could then only= record when a PIR etc is triggered and thus have a longer backup of video = (rather than it overwriting every 24 hours or so - which is pretty useless = if something happens while you're away for a few days or more!).

Anyone know of a workaround/hack etc to get Tivo to act more like a normal = VCR (i.e. no reliance on programme data or manual block recording)?

Paul.