  From: Dan
  To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 9:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: I need some help from someone possessing an IRMan interface

  Hi Patrick,

  > Dan, I'm not sure it would help you very much.
  > IR Man periodically (once a second or so) outputs a string of 6
  > characters. It does this *even if no IR signal is present* -- in this
  > case the characters are just random junk. This is a great pity - it
  > means you can only use IRMAN if you have previously configured the
  > listening software with the known buttons you want to intercept
  > because it's impossible to differentiate between random junk and a
  > real key press.
  Not really like that. Just try my application . select the right COM port
  then click on Autodetect.
  It must initialize as IRMan and display a confirmation message. Then try to
  record some commands.
  IRMan support is implemented for record only, but the reason I ask for help
  is to try to implement
  a compatible send function for the IRMAn captioned commands.

  > When a remote control is pressed it outputs a fixed sequence of six
  > digits for the remote key. This is always the same for the given
  > remote key. e.g. Sony TV channel 1 is always 001000 for my remote (as
  > ASCII characters). So if you see 001000 in the stream of junk
  >characters, you've got a good match.
  More than that. It is the binary representation of the transmitted code. I
  have checked it for
  Sony and it is 100% correct, even if the rest of the bits (till 48) are all
  '0's.

  > That's it basically.
  > Oh, and there is a strange start up sequence required. You must send
  > the letters IR to the IRMAN and then it responds OK, before
  > outputting the six digit sequences. These have to be sent slowly
  > (half a second or so between each character)
  I know... the initialization routine is implemented in my application
  starting with the version 1.4.x. Just check it.

  Best regards,
  Dan

  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor