RE: Re: Projector Options

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Projector Options
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:26:34 -0000

Hi Ben,

I got a Panasonic AE-100 just before xmas and I'm pleased as punch with
it. I got it for =A3990 from Komplete.

I bought a manual pulldown screen (92 x 55) for about =A3240 from Walter Stewart. Hidden behind the curtain pelmet infront of a set of patio
doors so you can't see it is there when retracted. I was going to go for an electric and put the power in when I re-decorated but couldn't
justify the extra =A3300. Manual pulldown is fine.

Projector is mounted inverted (as grahams) about 12" from the ceiling<= BR> using a speaker bracket mounted on the rear wall. Only 12 foot from
screen to pj but the Panny has a short throw lens.

I use a PC for DVD and gaming on it connected via the VGA port. I bought a ProV box for =A3100 which allows you to connect an S-Video source,
composite source and has an inbuilt analogue TV tuner all out through
the VGA port (and VGA pass through from a PC). Has a remote control as
well. It also acts as a line doubler\scaler. Must admit that my sky box
S-Video out straight into the PJ was unwatchable but the ProV makes a
big difference. I intend to get an RGB - S-Video convertor for my Tivo
and plug into the S-Video input on the ProV eventually,

I use PowerStrip to set up my HCPC to match the native resolution of the pj (856x480) and the picture is brilliant. Games are a blast! Combat
Flight Sim on a 8 foot screen is awesome!

I also ran an S-Video cable and two runs of CAT5 to the projector but
only use the VGA port at present via the Pro-V.

Cheers
Don