Re: UKHA 2003 update (and some other random stuff)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Graham Howe <graham@xxxxxxx>

  Now for something completely different. Just before I went on holiday
  I managed to get hold of an Archos Multimedia 20
  (http://www.archos.com/lang=en//products/prw_500282.html) which is a
  fantastic little toy
  <snip>

  I fancied the Archos, but there's a new(ish) rival with the 'catchy' title of "Nicole Mega-Media".  It's supposedly got a bigger screen, and may ship with the TV-in feature/hardware from launch (think this is immanent for the Archos?).  Options of 20Gb or 40Gb.  Look fwd to reading reviews on each before making any decision.  Details from web site are:

        The Nicole Mega Media is audio and video in your hand, (video MP3 player) with a mini size hard disk inside, provides you with high capacity to store your favorite MP3 music - DSC photos - MTV movies and has convenient viewing on a built-in 2.5" TFT LCD or with out put through TV's standard NTSC or PAL systems.

        What's the full spec?
        Hard drive size: 20 gig

        Download interface: USB 1.1 interface port.

        Download speed: up to 480KBps.

        NTSC or PAL systems are available.

        Power: Li-Lon rechargeable battery 3.6v x 2 or DC 12v power adapter.

        Battery Life: up to 2.5 hours during a continuous MPEG playing.

        Dimensions (L x W x H): 154 x 92 46 mm.

        Weight: 324g(w/o HDD, 446g (w/ HDD)

Web site is http://procell-media.com/index.htm

Cheers,