  From: Kevin Hawkins
  To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 2:22 PM
  Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Maplin Wattage & Current Meter

  They seem like good little devices - it's a shame that the design is=
  such that the plug cable passes over the display window though. Also=
  means that mounting in sockets near to the floor is impossible.

            &nb= sp; What would be really nice is if someone could adapt these to
  provide data out in some form (RS232 ?) and then you could use them = for
  HA electricity consumption monitoring (bearing in mind 13A max). On = that
  subject does anyone do this at the whole house level and is so how -=
  sort of looking at current transformers at the moment having just go= t my
  electricity bill.

            &nb= sp; Kevin