Re: RE:Dabs "not exactly helpful"

Again, all,

> I've been following the various messages regarding problems with etail= ers
> and I must be missing the point somewhere.   In over 10 year= s of buying
> stuff on-line, spending approximately =A310,000 a year for both busine= ss and
> personal use, I've never had ANY problem that couldn't be resolved sim= ply
by
> going through my credit card company (obviously have to use a credit c= ard
> place the original orders).

getting interesting, but I'd like to throw in one thing which I don't think=
anyone else has mentioned.

i too spend quite a bit online per year, we do at work too (with dabs
actually, maybe =A350k pa).  I've had my fair share of doa's, and inco= rrectly
shipped/specified products in all that.  In those cases, where the pro= duct
which I ordered (part number xyz) does not work, or is not what it says on<= BR> the can, then a simple "it's ready to collect, i'm not paying for it obviously, it's dead/wrong" (rather than a ranty email) and throwing t= he
ball into their court has prevailed.  ok at work we're a reasonable si= ze
customer and we just hold the invoice, personally, as above, I can make use=
of the card issuer if needed to enforce this (or threaten to) - rightly or<= BR> wrongly!.

saying that, personally (again rightly or wrongly) if I get shipped the
right product, but it's not what I expected - ie there's nothing wrong with=
this specific item, although it's generally a crap product... then I think<= BR> that's my fault.  I tend to research what I want, then buy it - there = are
plenty of ways to see a product before you buy.  think what you do for= a
house, car, all those things, on a *much* smaller scale though! Some
e-tailers now activly encourage you to go to your local [shop], see if its<= BR> what you want, and then offer you a better price. these folks are close to<= BR> us, seen some of them having thise policy advertising on some of our
favorite ha websites! cheeky but we all want the best price (and sending goods back to e-tailers becuase we don't like the colour or whatever is not= ,
as many have said, going to help us get there).  i'm not aiming this a= t
anyone, just my ramblings.

-dan

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""=