RE: Maplin Wattage & Current Meter

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Maplin Wattage & Current Meter
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 14:22:37 -0000

They seem like good little devices - it's a shame that the design is
such that the plug cable passes over the display window though. Also
means that mounting in sockets near to the floor is impossible.

            What would be really nice is if someone could adapt these to
provide data out in some form (RS232 ?) and then you could use them for
HA electricity consumption monitoring (bearing in mind 13A max). On that
subject does anyone do this at the whole house level and is so how -
sort of looking at current transformers at the moment having just got my
electricity bill.

            Kevin