Re: RE:Dabs "not exactly helpful"

Hi All,

I've been following the various messages regarding problems with etailers and I must be missing the point somewhere.   In over 10 years of = buying
stuff on-line, spending approximately =A310,000 a year for both business an= d
personal use, I've never had ANY problem that couldn't be resolved simply b= y
going through my credit card company (obviously have to use a credit card t= o
place the original orders).

I've had my fair share of DOA's, shoddy bits of kit etc, and any time I get=
any problem with the etailer (i.e. "sorry we won't accept it back"= ;, or
"we'll get someone to call you" etc) I just call my credit card c= ompany and
get them to charge it back.  It's a last resort, but personally I woul= dn't
wait any longer than a few weeks for the etailer to resolve the issue befor= e
I went down that route.  I certainly wouldn't just sit back and waste = my
time on ringing them up every day or emailing them.

I've got a problem with "Machine Mart" at the moment.  I ord= ered a table
saw, biscuit jointer and several other bits and pieces about 3 weeks ago (about =A3500 worth).  The delivery arrived in good time except one it= em was
incorrect, despite being listed correctly on the delivery note.  I ema= iled
them, got no response.  I rang them, someone said that they'd ring me = back.
I rang again and was told the same thing.   Waited another week, = then just
rang up my card company yesterday and told them that Machine Mart had
miss-shipped my order, wouldn't respond to emails, and wouldn't return my calls.  All I had to do was fax them a signed declaration and that's it.......they've issued a charge back against them for the full amount and<= BR> removed it from my account.  Perhaps now Machine Mart will contact me = to
sort it out, failing that it looks like I'll be keeping the best part of =A3500 worth of kit for free!

Regards,

Martyn