RE: Re: RE:Dabs "not exactly helpful"

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: RE:Dabs "not exactly helpful"
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:33:46 -0000

>Ian
>Far from my area of expertise, legal stuff, but I get the impression
>you do exactly what I do, which is buy through retail as cheap as is
>reasonably possible, and resll with a (small) margin.

Pretty much, yes.

>I believe you and I as buyers are both outside the Distance Selling
>requirements benefits as we are not consumers but resellers.  To
>quote the SI page that a pointer was put up to earlier:

Absolutely, When buying as a business, I am reamed, gouged, abused and
ripped off every day!
When buying as Joe Public, I rather like having some rights for once :D

>On similar principles, I doubt I could persuade RS not to charge a
>30% restock fee on stuff I return to them, as they only have trade
>accounts.  However, an individual using their electro-something
>account paying by credit card may be able to take avantage of the
>Distance Selling regulations, and return goods for full refund.

Yeah, but that's comparing apples and goats. If you deal with RS regularly
(I do) you know they are an absolute
gem of a company, who will bend over backwards to help you if they can. If
more companies behaved like them, business in this country would be a much
more enjoyable affair.

And you know what? in most cases, I don't mind paying a little more for the
RS version of a component, simply for the convenience and knowing that I'll
get a helpful friendly face at the trade counter!

I.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway