RE: RE:Dabs "not exactly helpful"

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE:Dabs "not exactly helpful"
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:07:07 -0000

> As a company, Wintermute Consultancy has been shipped something like
two
> hundred faulty items in the last six months by various suppliers, and
the
> standard response to *ANY* fault is "We won't take it back". If you
> purchase
> only the odd item from these companies you may not see the pattern,
and
> just
> think you are being unlucky. I am in the unfortunate position of
getting
> screwed constantly by them. When yet another retailer refuses to
honour
> even
> a DOA component, who has to pick up the can? me and my company.

Well Ian people think I'm odd because I virtually refuse to use online
suppliers for PC stuff and this is the reason, quite simply as a general
rule, they don't care about the customer one bit IMO. There are a few
that do, but they seem very few and far between and this is the reason I
use two or three local suppliers who I have gotten to know very well and
they've gotten to know me through time as well. In general this does not
lead to lower pricing but it does mean I get a decent level of service
and IME any problems are sorted out reasonable amicably and quickly.

Try Creative in Shawlands, Dean in Infinity is not bad as is Graham at
Kustom in Ayr. A good tip is though....stay way clear of Priceless (aka.
Ali Bongo's ;))

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor