  From: Ian Lowe
  To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 3:29 PM
  Subject: RE: [ukha_d] RE:Dabs "not exactly helpful"

  Well,
  Trading Standards have got back to me, and things are looking good.

  They reckon that the legislation does not provide the ability for a retailer
  to refuse a resolution under the distance selling regs simply because the
  goods have been opened. It's (of course) reasonable to refuse if the goods
  have not been kept in good condition, or the original packaging has been
  thrown away, but for now, the Trading Standards people reckon dabs are in
  the wrong.

  One of the get-outs, it seems, was the Ts and Cs on the website, and TS are
  now  off to check the dabs website, which helpfully says:

  "The terms and conditions listed below are for business customers. We do not
  have consumer terms and conditions, as these are determined by specific
  legislation, the Sale of Goods Act 1979, the Sale and Supply of Goods Act
  1994, and the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977."

  So, the printer Ts and Cs don't provide them with any get-out.

  I'm waiting for TS to get back to me, before calling Visa. I seem to recall
  that my visa card gives me some sort of protection when used online too. :D

  I.