RE: Dabs "not exactly helpful"

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Dabs "not exactly helpful"
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:51:37 -0000

Another one for the list..

            My post a few days asking what "All goods sold subject to
being unsold" meant was in fact in relation to Dabs who also charged and
showed 'shipped' for the goods I ordered but in fact only one of the
items arrived. I too spent hours in their phone queuing system giving up
when my calculation of the remaining time showed that the call wouldn't
be answered before closing - in three hours time !! I don't actually
believe anyone was answering calls. On my third attempt I got cut off
when I reached the head of the queue after nearly an hour and so I was
really pissed off. I rang their corporate sales number and gave the guy
hell who sorted it out for me - goods hadn't left but he'd ensure they
went today and indeed they arrived next day. His screen showed the
different status (goods still pending) to their web based tracking
screens which showed order completed.

            I am sure the various credit card companies would be very
interested in the fact that Dabs are making such pervasive use of this
'charge immediately and ship later' mechanism.

            There is a note on Dabs website that Dave Atherton the owner
is proud of the fact he still has a public email address that he
responds too - well bottom line is he doesn't - at least not in any
timely fashion !

            Kevin

PS What does 'sold subject to being unsold' mean ? - is it a way to
allow Dabs to do exactly this - charge the full amounts and then credit
later if necessary without it constituting a breach of contract ??