RE: KVM Remote for Node 0 - Was: Viewsonic smart displays

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: KVM Remote for Node 0 - Was: Viewsonic smart displays
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <alex@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:42:42 -0000

Silly prices really !

I guess the Belkin prices are each rather than a pair, you may need
proprietary cable.

If you've got the mouse / KB sorted, could you use a Kat5 module for the VGA
?

Other than that, just hope nothing goes wrong ! I've not tried USB K/B, but
USB mouse (if MS or you have drivers available on the system) is so easy I
talked SWMBO through it a couple of years ago over the phone from work in
just a few minutes.

Do you need Windows ? If you use Linux (probably the case on other *NIX's)
you can compile the system with a serial console which will let you do
almost everything except BIOS, not that you'd need to reboot it :-)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor