RE: Re: Cheap TFT - was the DABS 18" TFT with Tuner

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Cheap TFT - was the DABS 18" TFT with Tuner
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:04:57 -0000

Hi Andy,
to justify expense, I wanted not to keep screen in the cupboard (my node0),
but to put it outside, so it can be used as photo album (screen saver) and
control panel (home automator). Then I can use it once a month when I need
to access server, as server monitor, but primary role would be as a control
panel.
However, it would be awkward to have it just as a display, and use separate
keyboard and monitor for navigating through the screen. Hence I'm looking
for touchscreen. For my server sessions, doesn't matter, I can use keyboard
and mouse, and I already purchased cheap wireless ones from DABS:
      Wireless Keyboard & Mouse PS/2

            Mfr Code KBS-527R
            Quicklinx 23SGWS
            dabspoints 17
       ex VAT ?14.90
            inc VAT ?17.50

and they are RFand fine.
However, I can't hang keyboard and mouse below the screen on the wall, for
everyday use as a control panel. It would not look nice (nor get SWMBO's
approval)

I remember, from a long ago, that there were some kind of frames
(digitizers) that you could put on top of normal CRT monitor, and it would
convert it into touchscreen.
Does anyone know if such things still exist or not?

Cheers,
Nik