Makro DVD Player - mini review

  • To: "UKHA Discussion" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Makro DVD Player - mini review
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:09:03 -0000

Hi All,

Just been to Makro and bought two of the DVD players that Mark told us
about.

Naiko N2001B

Initial impressions ...Very Good.

Composite picture is great
S-Video picture is great

RGB - cant get that working at the moment for some strange reason. It doesn= t
grab the TV as RGB when you select RGB and forcing my Mitsubishi into RGB mode gave only a pinkish picture as if the Green was missing. There is a "V-Mode" button on the handset which steps through 3 options, Com= posite, RGB
and one  that drove my TV nuts!.

Plugging in via S-Video at the same time revealed that the S-Video output i= s
present both on RGB and Composite modes (something which is not possible on=
my Wharfdale 750, that is RGB OR S-Video). It also gave a strangely coloure= d
image when the third V-Mode was selected. VERY interestingly, the caption YCRCB was displayed at the top left of the screen so it looks as if it
supports component video via the SCART which explains why the TV went a bit=
haywire. I dont have any Component capable kit to verify this.

MP3 files sound great and it also played my "Inspector Gadget" DV= D with no
problems. (On the Wharfdale it refused to start from the play option in the=
main menu, the only way to play is is to select chapter one and let it run<= BR> >from
The remote seems a bit directional but I can live with that.

At the moment I am not too worried about not getting RGB working as it will=
mainly be used with Composite only TV's and S-Video TV's over KAT5 for
development purposes. I also havent tried to find any Region hacks as most<= BR> of my DVD's are Region 2 anyway and the Region 1 discs can always be played=
on the other DVD player.

When Amber was told she was getting her own DVD player she said "Can I= have
a new tele as well... my one is too small!" Thats my Girl :-)

Conclusion - for =A350 + VAT this is a real bargain :-)

Keith

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""=
3D""