Cheap TFT - was the DABS 18" TFT with Tuner

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Cheap TFT - was the DABS 18" TFT with Tuner
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:14:06 -0000

Guys,

I was walking past Lidl the other day and noticed that they had a 15"<= BR> TFT on sale for =A3179, could be a winner for a server in a cupboard. ;)
Other than that many of the local suppliers here are now carrying stocks at under the =A3200 mark and some cracking little screens at just over
=A3200, I recently got a Relisys (sp?) 15" TFT for =A3199 which so far= seems
excellent.

I have the same problem as you Nick, kind of. I have the server in a
cupboard and while I can control it from the AV room (twin head AGP card and a USB w/less mouse & k/b on a 10M USB extension) it is often,
particularly for reboots etc, easier to use the machine in situ so I got a TFT for in there. For all the time I ever use it it's a waste IMHO,
but a necessary evil I'm afraid and a CRT monitor used up way too much
space so you are left with very limited options. I would imagine that
even using the tablet PC as a monitor you would still need a keyboard
and mouse connected to work with the BIOS etc. Not really a problem, a
cheap wireless set can be had for well under =A350 these days, in fact I seem to remember Scam or someone doing a Memorex set for =A325 or so
recently. That way you can just put the k/b & mouse away when not
required, a tidy solution.

Ever so slowly (and it is slow to do it due to the cost) I am moving
away from CRT wherever it is viable to do so both financially and
logistically as it's just too damned inconvenient.

K.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""=
3D""