KVM Remote for Node 0 - Was: Viewsonic smart displays

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: KVM Remote for Node 0 - Was: Viewsonic smart displays
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <alex@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:50:44 -0000

Nik,

I do recall seeing a KVM extender that could run over Cat5, so potentially
you could put this in Node 0 and view the servers from your main PC's
monitor if you have any free Cat5 runs.

I've used http://www.kvmswitchdirect.co.uk/ in the past, but I'm sure Google
will give you lots of suggestions.

My particular KWM's are Alt-Ctrl-Shift followed by the channel number then
return (or press 1-4 on the unit) and have no external power requirements
running up to 1600*1280 with no problem (not tried long remotes though as
all my kit is presently located together and the dedicated HA PC will
probably be in the garage)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor