RE: Film (DVD) server

> > A server with GB's of disk space with a DVD drive. Does anyone
know of
> > solution that would rip the DVD's to the hard drive and then
through a

> > snazzy interface display a menu of films and then play them as
though
> they
> > were on DVD?
>
> This is not a new idea but the problem seems to be with the control
> method and a decent way to display and call the films on the server.
> Graham Howe was looking at this and he may be able to shed a bit more
> light on it for you.
>
> K.

Currently I use DIVX5 for playing movies on the PC - usually 750MB to 1GB
for each movie.

For playing the same movies on the widescreen TV, I use a wireless keyboard
and mouse, and a TV signal transmitter from the TV out card. This enables
me to view the PC output (at 800x600) and to control the PC output - I
navigate using WIndows explorer to the directory where the films are, and
then double click.

The next stage will be to create a HTML page with thumb nails of each of
the movies which should make it simpler to choose the movie. My HTML coding
experience is limited, but I should get there.

The solution is a little "heath robinson" but works for the time
being.

Umar

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx