  From: Nick Gunn
  To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 7:54 AM
  Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [ADVERT] Bits for sale

  Hi Mark,

  The software I was using was Microsoft Media encoder 7.1 and 9 (beta).
  The quality was excellent - just like watching TV on the client, though
  I did find that the encoder program had to be restarted every 24hrs or
  so.   This might be because I was using Beta software though.   I had
  planned to script the restart somehow to get around this.

  For home I designed a web page with a frame containing the sky EPG guide
  and a small streaming preview window of what was on now.  Pretty neat
  :-)

  The next step was to integrate with remote control to change the
  channel.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor