Re: Using YAC to display on TiVo and SliMP3s

> I was also talking to Mark H. the other day and, in a subsequent
post,
> he asked about a xAP to YAC bridge which would be excellent and
save me
> doing anything with the set up I have at present yet still allow
xAP to
> be added as required without re-jigging the whole setup.

What is YAC?

> However, in essence, for me to make any use of xAP I need either
devices
> that force me to use it or support in ACE and/or HV to make it
viable
> for me to go that way. Don't take that the wrong way, I want to see
the
> support there as the idea is great IMHO.
>
> I have no doubt that it is being worked on and I have no doubt that
xAP
> support will be added to these devices, but for the moment this is
the
> best I can do with the kit I have. However I look forward to
writing up
> how to add xAP into the mix as well ;)

There are, of course, many ways to skin a cat. Your experiement
demonstrates exactly why xAP is a winner in the HA environment - cool
features come from tying together the independent components and
getting them to interact. xAP is about making it easy to string stuff
together by providing a generic glue. Do badger the authors of the
packages you use to add xAP support - it's not difficult for them,
and it'll enable you to do really cool stuff.

Patrick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor