URGENT YOU MAY HAVE A VIRUS

Subject: URGENT YOU MAY HAVE A VIRUS

We have had a virus passed on to us by someone because we were in their address book.  Our address book has in turn been infected. Since you are in our address book there is a chance
that you will find it in your computer too.

I followed the instructions below and eradicated the virus easily.

The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or MacAfee
anti-virus-system. This virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging
the
system. It is sent automatically be messenger and by the address book,
whether or not you send emails to your contacts.

Here's how to check the virus and get rid of it:

1. Go to start, go to Windows Explorer, then go up to the find or search
-option
2. In the file/folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C-drive and all the sub-folders and any other
drives you may have.(Click on the box to include subfolders.)
4. Click: "Find now"
5. The virus has a grey teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe.
DO NOT OPEN IT.
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight the
file without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select DELETE. It will then
go to the Recycle Bin.
8. Go to the recycle Bin and delete it there as well.

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, you must contact all the people in your address
book, so they can eradicate it in their own address books.

To do this:

1. Open a new email message
2. Click the icon of the address book next to the "to"
3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
4. Copy this message, enter subject and paste to email, and send

REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO DO THIS VERY QUICKLY

Jim Penna
Penna Management Pty Ltd
4 Orlando Close,
Wantirna South, 3152
Ph: 9887 2577
Fax: 9887 2977
E-mail: jim@xxxxxxx

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If
delivery of the message to the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this
message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete
this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments which does not
relate to the official business of Penna Management Pty Ltd or its associates must be
taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them. No warranty is made
that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other
defect.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor