Re: Leaving my isdn in, new line for adsl - Was Woohoo...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Leaving my isdn in, new line for adsl - Was Woohoo...
  • From: "Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 01:37:36 -0000

Right idea, wrong method.

Redcare used to be known as ABC (Alarms By Carrier)

A digitally encoded carrier signal is superimposed on the phone line
just like an ADSL signal but with different encoding methods and much
lower bandwidth requirements.

This signal is constantly monitored and any loss of signal or
tampering with it causes a Line Alarm. The equipment at the customers
end can change the coded signal to indicate a number of different
alarms eg. Intruder, Panic, Fire etc.

ABC was originally launched in the late 70's and has evolved quite a
bit since the original system which could only ondicate Line Fault or
a Single Alarm.

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Lee" <lee@v...> wrote:

> > What's Redcare?
>
> Redcare is a BT run alarm signaling system, whereby a burgler alarm
> can signal a call centre without actually making a phonecall (it
fiddles
> with the voltage on the line)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor