Re: Leaving my isdn in, new line for adsl - Was Woohoo...

I was in this situation a while ago - I had HH and wanted to move to BB but= keep both of my 'analogue' line numbers.

As BB has one 'digital connection' (DSL) and one 'analogue connection, I *h= ad* to have another line run in.

When I ordered the additional line, I specified that is was for DSL. BT agr= eed that if the line was not OK , they would remove it and there would be n= o cost.

My original line was 2.6 km long but the new line turned out to be over 11 = km ! (it had to run via the next village as there were no spare pairs).

BT were quite prepared to remove the line but that would have meant no DSL = :-(( so I had the original line converted and the 'spare' number renumbered= on to the new line. (the downside is that it cost an extra =A335 but hey-h= o - It's only figures on the credit card bill)

So, the original line now carries Voice and DSL and the new line is Voice o= nly.

My ISP (nildram - the speed rocks!!) set it up so that if the line tests (a= ttenuation, woosh etc) failed, I would be converted back to H.H at no cost.=

The final result is that I now have RADSL via Nildram, who I can't reccomen= d highly enough - I check the line speed every week and it's always close t= o the max and their customer services is second to none.

If you want a painless upgrade from H.H or ISDN, give them ago -> http://www.nildram.co.uk/

Keith.D - If you're reading this - You're gonna L-O-V-E ADSL!!

Finally, if you have any questions regarding DSL, check out http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

HNY to all

Regards

Neil