Floodwiring ongoing.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Floodwiring ongoing.
  • From: "Richard Challis" <richard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:11:56 -0000

On topic for once! - Floodwiring

Just ran in another 12 CAT5 cables. This completes the computer room.
Another 12 cables (bedroom and hallway) and that's the upstairs complete.-
48 sockets for upstairs. Very glad I'm not working the 2nd part of the
Christmas / New-year break - Had a bad tempered server to kick into place /
finish off at a Clients over Christmas. :(

4 sockets - upstairs remote node 0,
20 sockets - equipment room (some very noisy servers and raid 5 arrays) -
sockets split into two blocks of 4 and 12 in a 42U rack.
2 sockets - computer room (where the monitors etc are remoted along with Rio
etc)
4 sockets - upstairs hall.
8 sockets bedroom. (I lost the other two bedrooms to computers and my other
junk) Needless to say, this is not a SWMBO compliant house!

Taking photos of this ongoing work for yet another HA related porn site
<evil grin>

Next task is to roll out the 4 Advantech touchscreens and get ACE working -
looking with great interest at Autom8 as well. Many thanks to Brian for
demoing a working ACE system when I visited his house the other day to
collect some parts.

My thanks to the group over the several years I've been here for the various
ways of damaging my plastic. I hope to oneday to be able to find something
worth organising a bulkbuy for to repay something back!

Have a good new year for 2003.

Regards

Richard

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor