RE: I have seen the light.

I see your point on that one. The bulk of the recording I do is
anamorphic (BBC1,2,C4 and Premier WS and occasionally Box Office WS. 5.1
is good, but TBH DPLII processing comes a close second. I've actually
binned all of my analogue interconnects now, and gone all digital :)) So
while for me the answer is yes but that might not be true for everyone.

> That is indeed an excellent feature - when is it due??

February is the latest guess, it is being tested internally ATM. Of
course you can record two datastreams now by pausing one and recording
another. If you have set up "instant re-wind" of course it is doing that
as a matter of course.

> You're so right Tim.
> TiVo = All paid for
> Sky = Keep putting up the prices and pay for ever.

That's Sky for you :(

> Surely that must be a limited time offer?  If so - how much is the
real
> price after the offer ends??

After 12 months it goes up to a tenner - I went for the 200 quid plus 15
quid a month for Sky plus and a second sub offer. After 12 months I'll
pull the if you put it up to a tenner I'll unsubscribe lever, and
they'll let me have it for a tenner.

> Of course - undoubtedly I'll be eating my words in the future, if the
past
> ShowShifter incident is anything to go by :)

Don't get me wrong Tivo is a fine product, it just isn't quite the catch
all Nirvana. Sky do seem to be living up to their promise though and
update the software regularly.

Tim.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor