RE: I have seen the light.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: I have seen the light.
  • From: roaming@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:49:54 +0000

Quoting Timothy Morris <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>:
> It is still a coming soon feature on Sky+. Perhaps I should have been<= BR> > more explicit. Because Tivo owners are adamant that they never watch > live TV anymore, in order to watch something that is on two different<= BR> > channels at the same time they would need to record both channels!

If Sky+ had this from the off, I would have been more inclined to go that w= ay..
I find that on the whole, with the SKY channels and C4/E4 repeats, that I <= BR> usually don't need to worry about such things - however there are rare
occurrences, such as over xmas when there was something on BBC1/BBC2/ITV at= the
same time and even allowing for TiVoing one and VCRing another, I was not i= n
the country so still would have missed the 3rd :-(

For live TV viewers, it is annoying to have so many repeats, but as a non-l= ive
TiVo user, I wish BBC and ITV would either repeat their proggies (one-off <= BR> dramas usually being the problem programs) within a relatively short space = of
time (even if it is late at night) or copy the others and repeat on their <= BR> lesser cousins - eg BBC Choice/ITV2 as C4/E4 seem to do at the moment.

I am very very happy with my TiVo purchase, but I think, assuming I could <= BR> upgrade the hard disk, that I would not have been displeased with SKY+ eith= er.
Both have their merits, though SKY+ is still too expensive ATM IMO.
OTOH, if I was comparing SKY+ vs TiVo at "proper" TiVo pricing ra= ther than the
=A399 I paid then it would have been a harder decision....

Just my 0.0002p worth - we're not all evangleists, even if we have seen the=
light :-D

Tony

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""=