RE: I have seen the light.

We
> grab some TiVo stuff in "Basic" quality  - a few soaps and kids shows.
> And
> it does get blocky - and start to look like SKY! :P  But in the 2
highest
> quality settings, from it's own analogue tuners - the quality is
superb.

Actually Mark, I did notice a significant improvement in picture quality
quality between the 1st generation Pace box I did have and the Sky+ box.
No it isn't quite up to DVD standard, but it is the closest broadcast
picture I have seen to  but it is anamorphic on one of the high
bandwidth channels with DD 5.1. You can't get that on any of the
terrestrial channels. I had a very good high gain terrestrial antenna at
my last place, and I'd argue with you that you'd be able to choose
between that and a picture coming in from the BBC or Premier Widescreen
on Sky.

Yes it does cost more, but it does have a unique feature, and while I'm
sure that you "never watch live TV anymore" even Tivo would be hard
pressed to record something airing on both BBC1 and BBC2 at the same
time.

However as you are raging anti-Sky then I wouldn't expect you to agree.
I was only trying to even up the balance with all the posts coming
through from the "evangelists".

And I do have a second subscription at the ridiculous price of a fiver a
month. Yes Sky does cost a bit more, and it does piss me off that I'm
now paying double what I was when I first subscribed, but you do get
what you pay for...

Tim.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor