TiVo vis Sky+

I must say from the outset that I have not used Sky+, I have had a TiVo for
about 2 years now though. This, and the Pronto remote, receive the highest
WAF in our household....

AFAIK there is no possibility with Sky+ to add networking, AKA TiVo Net nor
to increase the amount of storage space by adding additional HDs. I don't
believe Sky will be as active in upgrading the software as TiVo either. TiVo
also offer a one off sub of 200 pounds, Sky only offer 10 pounds per month
for ever (until it goes up).

I recently added 80Gb and it transformed the machine. With the original
config I was only able to keep programs for 2 days before they had to be
removed to make space for new recordings. Is this a problem for Sky+ users ?
Now with 120Gb total storage things hang around for weeks if they are not
manually deleted. I currently have 277 season passes so the machine is kept
busy.

The advantage of two tuners with Sky+ is limited with my viewing habits as I
no longer watch live TV  (or Adverts bit that is another post) ... I have
two Sky receivers, the second on the 12 pound additional subscription
upgrade. I have one receiver dedicated to the TiVo (No access to remote)
with the second receiver used by the kids... and Pay per View. Looking at
the viewing habits I will probably cancel the Movies sub and rely on PpV as
it may be more cost effective. The TiVo trawls UK Gold and Granada+ for all
the reruns and Discovery for 'Hobby' programmes. I also record Radio 4 for
listening to as well.

I would consider a second TiVo but they would need to be aware of the other
and have a single menu view otherwise I would spend more time looking for
programmes across the two machines rather than watching them.

Hope this helps the non TiVo owners.

Nigel