Re: Converting the Bathroom light to X10 control - FAO Simon Coates

----- Original Message -----
From: Kenneth Watt <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: 30 December 2002 19:29
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Converting the Bathroom light to X10 control - FAO
Simon Coates

> > Any info on the Ecolume PIR
>
> Simon Coates is the man to speak to and he is on the list ;)

Thanks Ken,

I'm waiting for the manufacturers to see if they can lower the prices,
however it may be doubtful :o(
I've got approx 15 in stock at the moment.

> If there's a chance of any more being available I would *DEFINETLY* be
> interested as they are superb and it means I can have as close to real
> occupancy detection as I think you will get at a reasonable cost.
>
> BTW, Simon if you do read this, did you get anywhere with the light
> sensors?

I've got all the bits, but I haven't had chance to assemble any yet!  I was
trying to get a suitable box to house the chip in - I've found one :o)  Very
tiny - and just right.  Ken, how are you wanting to wire one?  There'll be a
small 3 way terminal block inside - you could wire to the sensor yourself
but would have to ensure it was sealed with silicone afterwards, or I could
prewire it with a length of cable.  I might be able to make some PCBs in a
week or so.
It will give approx 0-3.6V max and will wire directly to HV's analogue
ports.

Regards

Simon