RE: Converting the Bathroom light to X10 control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Converting the Bathroom light to X10 control
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:57:15 -0000

> Basically the question is, How do I do it? Is this what LD11's/AD10's
are
> used for?

Having two bathrooms I have used two different methods but both amount
to the same thing and it works for me.

Main bathroom downstairs:

PIR from Ecolume which has all the safeties removed, this works
brilliantly as an occupancy detector, easily the best PIR for the
purpose I've tried to date.

LD11 on the 20 10W, yes *20*, LV halogens from two transformers, Ring
made electronic transformers.

A Leviton switch in the hall which simply sends an X10 command to the
LD11 so, effectively, there is no manual control as such but it's not
needed.

Upstairs En-Suite:

No local switching at all, lights and fan are purely controlled by
PIR/X10!

One light fitting with 3x50W mains halogens on an LD11

Ceiling extraction fan on an AD10

Ecolume PIR

The fan lights come on with motion in the en-suite and then run on a
timer till they extinguish. With the PIR being so sensitive to motion
this works very well indeed and I have had no problems, during the night
the fan is disabled to minimise disruption through the night of a noisy
fan.

Both these setups have now been in use now for over a year without any
problems at all, in fact after the initial tinkering with the timers etc
I have not touched them, or the programming, in over a year.

HTH

K.