NOW: 1-wire weather (WAS: Household temperature sensors)

> Quinten,
>
> Chances are they use a thermistor or a thermocouple - a DS18S20 would be
too
> expensive and unnecessary in such a cheap device.
>
> Simon

Thanks Simon, it would have been to good to be true.

On a similar note, does anyone know or can at least confirm my thinking
process that it is possible to connect some (say, 4) DS1820/DS18S20's to the
1-wire weather station from AAG (http://www.aag.com.mx/) or Tech-Supplies
(http://www.techsupplies.co.uk) ?  Would it just be a simple case of running
some cat5 to each additional DS1820 (in a star topology) ?  Or does it only
work if you use one cable to connect all sensors on ?  The idea is that I
want to install a PC (an old beastie) up in the loft to monitor the
temperature/weather outside with the weather station, and have 4 temperature
sensors going to the (bed)rooms below the loft.

Q.